The Snappy ads is a tricky adware infection that is developed and distributed by the international hackers, and infected thousands of windows based computers recently. This malicious application often bundled with the free movie downloads. Apart from that, this infection also spreads through the unsafe browsing, spam email attachments, and removable memory devices. This nasty adware can infect all type of search engines and browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Whenever you open the browser window, you will be automatically redirected towards some promotional websites where you are forced to buy some unwanted products from the unknown suppliers. The motive of developing this lethal adware is to gain the monetary benefit by using un-ethical methods. It causes the serious slowdown of your computer, and you will also notice the frequent crashes, and blue screen errors on the system. You will also receive the annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your system constantly.
Manual Removal of Snappy ads
As soon as you are able to find this malicious application on your system, you have to get rid of this adware program by using one of the methods according to your capabilities. As a novice user, you should select a reliable automatic removal tool to remove this virus from your system; however, for the advanced level users the manual removal is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to boot the infected system in the safe mode to start the manual removal process of Snappy ads. In this regard, reboot the infected computer, and press the F8 key to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode from the list and press the Enter key to access the safe mode on your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab to see a list of processes running in the background. You are required to remove the following associated processes of this infection: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you are done with the corrupt processes issue, you have to proceed to remove the following malicious associated files of this adware from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Snappy ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Snappy ads\Snappy ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to clean the windows registry to finish the manual removal process. In this regard, open the registry editor by clicking on the Start Menu, select Run, and type “regedit”. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to locate and remove the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Snappy ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Snappy ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Snappy ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Snappy ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Snappy ads\DisplayNameSnappy ads
Restart the infected system and check if the virus is removed successfully or still available. Run a complete system scan by using the updated version of any reliable antivirus program.