The SizlSearch ads is a malicious program that is installed as browser plug-in, and sneaks in the windows based computers without getting the permission from the user. This dangerous computer virus redirects the web searches of the user towards unknown websites where you can easily get the additional infections. The SizlSearch ads offers you discounted deals, and coupon offers for online shopping, but at the same time it changes the security settings in the system to invite dangerous computer infections. It blocks your access to the Google, and other useful programs, and all your searches will be redirected towards unknown and fake search engines. The SizlSearch ads is classified as an adware infection which is used by the cyber crooks to advertise discounted offers, coupons deals, and other online shopping deals through pop-up ads. It degrades the performance of the system including the speed of the internet, and the antivirus is also disabled by this infection to avoid the detection. The SizlSearch ads is used by the cyber criminals to gain the financial benefits through frauds and other online crimes.
Removal of SizlSearch ads
As soon as you are able to confirm the availability of the SizlSearch ads infection inside the system, you have to decide how to remove this nasty adware completely. This malicious application can be removed manually as well as through any automatic removal tool. The automatic method is easier, and ideal for the basic level computer users. On the other hand, the manual removal process is extremely complicated and only recommended for the advanced computer users. Following are the steps involved in the manual removal process:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is crucial to boot the safe mode operation on the infected computer before going through the manual removal process. Restart the machine and access the boot options menu with the help of F8 key. Select the safe mode option through arrow keys before hitting the Enter.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and make a click on the Processes tab in the task manager window. Under this tab, you have to remove the following processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After removing the associated processes of this adware infection, you have to remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\SizlSearch ads.lnk
- %Programs%\SizlSearch ads\SizlSearch ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option of the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following associated entries of the SizlSearch ads:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SizlSearch ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SizlSearch ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SizlSearch ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SizlSearch ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SizlSearch ads\DisplayName SizlSearch ads
Do not forget to reboot the PC in the normal mode to check the virus is removed successfully or otherwise.