The Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus is another variation of the fake antivirus parasites that is categorized as a rogue application, and sneaks in the windows based platforms without getting the consent of the user. Once installed, the Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus infection performs fake scans on the system, and shows that the system is at high risk as it contains several errors. When you try to remove these errors, you will be asked to buy the licenced version of the Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus software. This action performed repeatedly unless you are totally convinced to buy this so called antivirus program. Keep in mind that this has nothing to do with the security of your system, and it is a bogus application that is designed and distributed with the purpose to steal your money.
The Manual Removal of Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus
You have to confirm the presence of the Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus in your system before start removing this malicious application. There are both automatic removal as well as manual method available to delete this rogue virus. The manual removal process is complicated and only recommended for the advanced users. Following are the detailed instructions for manual removal of the Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before entering in the manual removal process you must retart the PC in the safe mode. Restart the PC and use the F8 key while the system is being restarted to open the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen of your computer, select the safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. After accessing the task manager, click on the process tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background. Kill the following associated processes of the Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus infection and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated data of the Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus infection that is hidden along with sensitive system files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus.lnk
- %Programs%\Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus\Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The most important step of the manual removal process is removing the alterations made by the Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus infection in the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit.exe command through the Run option available in the start menu. Remove the following suspicious entries through registry editor and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus\DisplayName Sinergia Cleaner Fake Antivirus
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the manual removal instructions.