The Sinergia Cleaner is a malicious program belongs from the rougue applications that sneaks in the windows based computers without providing any information to the user. This malicious application present itself as a legitimate PC cleaner program, but in reality this is a fake application designed, and distributed to trap the innocent PC users. Once installed, the Sinergia Cleaner performs the fake scans of the on the system that shows your PC is at high risk and there are a number of errors available. When you try to fix these errors, you will be asked to purchase the complete version of this software. This is a trap, and has nothing to do to clean your system. This deadly dangerous rogue application work like a double faced sword as when you buy this application, you will not only pay the money, but while paying from your credit card, you will provide these cyber crooks your most confidential details which can be used for other cyber crimes and online frauds. This malicious application is poromoted through already compromised websites.
The Manual Removal of Sinergia Cleaner
There are both automatic as well as manual removal methods available to remove this virus. The manual removal of the Sinergia Cleaner parasite is extremely difficult and not recommended to the novice users. The instructions for the manual removal of this virus are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to restart the PC, and use the F8 key to access of the boot options list. Select the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to kill the associated processes of the Sinergia Cleaner virus. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab to see a list of processes running in the background of your computer. Remove the following associated processes of the Sinergia Cleaner virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer and delete the following associated files from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Sinergia Cleaner.lnk
- %Programs%\Sinergia Cleaner\Sinergia Cleaner.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this process is reverse the modification created by the Sinergia Cleaner infection in the registry section of your windows operating system. The windows registry can be modified by using the registry editor which can be accessed by executing the RegEdit.exe command through Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following corrupt entriesm and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sinergia Cleaner\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sinergia Cleaner
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sinergia Cleaner\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sinergia Cleaner\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sinergia Cleaner\DisplayName Sinergia Cleaner
Reboot the system, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus program to remove the infections caused by this rogue application.