The Simplyfwd.com is a redirect virus that is also known as a nasty browser hijacker, and sneaks in the computers without the consent of the user. This dangerous browser hijacker can cause severe damage to the system itself as well as the data stored on the hard drive in the system. After penetrating deep in the system, the Simplyfwd.com can change the host files, DNS settings, and browser settings to take the complete control of the browsing activities of the targeted user. This application is capable of opening the backdoor for the additional threats by altering the security settings in your computer. This malicious application can make the system extremely slow as most of the system resources are used by this virus. Besides that, you will also notice the crashes, and freezes appear more often, and your computer starts acting weirdly. The Simplyfwd.com virus is a tool for hackers to steal money and generate commissions through unethical as well as illegal methods.
The Manual Removal of Simplyfwd.com
You can remove this virus either manually or automatically. Both methods have their own advantages and disadvantages as the automatic removal of this malicious application is easier and recommended for the novice users. On the other hand, the manual removal is a bit difficult for the new or basic level users, and consists of the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The first step of this process is, you have to boot the system in the safe mode to start the manual removal of this redirect virus. In this regard, you simply have to restart the PC, use the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options, and select the safe mode before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After booting the system in safe mode, you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and remove the following suspicious processes created by the Simplyfwd.com redirect virus, and available under the processes tab in the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this process is the removal of the associated data. In this regard, you need to delete the following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Simplyfwd.com Redirect virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Simplyfwd.com Redirect virus\Simplyfwd.com Redirect virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
This process is considered as complete when you remove the suspicious entries from the windows registry. You can access the registry editor by clicking on the Start Menu, select Run, and write RegEdit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following malicious entries associated to the Simplyfwd.com redirect virus and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Simplyfwd.com Redirect virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Simplyfwd.com Redirect virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Simplyfwd.com Redirect virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Simplyfwd.com Redirect virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Simplyfwd.com Redirect virus\DisplayName Simplyfwd.com Redirect virus
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made recently.