The Silv3rwind.com is an adware program that is developed and distributed by the cyber criminals to deliver the spam contents. This is an advertising software designed to generate revenue through pay per click advertisement, and other unethical methods. Once the Silv3rwind.com virus invades the system, it immediately changes the browser settings, and all your searching efforts redirected towards its own domain or other unknown website for traffic generation prupose. This adware acts as an browser hijacker and take complete control of the browsing activities of the user, and also performs some other malicious activities. This malicious application installed on the PC as a browser add-ons, and can infect all the major browsers including the Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. The infection is spreads through porn sites, spam email attachments, downloading freeware, coprrupt removable devices, and p2p sharing of files. The Silv3rwind.com infection is a serious threat not only to the system resources but asl for your confidential data as it creates privacy issue inside the system. This infection sends numerious pop-up messages that shows the system is at high risk, but actually these are fake messages.
The Manual Removal of Silv3rwind.com
Once you are sure about the presence of the Silv3rwind.com virus in your PC, the next thing you must think is, how to remove this adware infection. There are manual method as well as automatic tools available through which you can delete this virus. The instructions for manual removal of the Silv3rwind.com virus are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before start removing the manual process you are required to end the the normal mode of operation by restarting the PC. Press the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options while the system is being restarted and select the safe mode from the list to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Kill the associated processes of the Silv3rwind.com infection. In this regard, you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab in the task manager window to remove the following associated processes of this threat:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following malicious files associated with the Silv3rwind.com infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
This lengthy process will be completed when you clean the windows registry by removing the modifications caused by this adware. In this regard, open the registry editor with by using the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Delete the following entries a after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Silv3rwind.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Silv3rwind.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Silv3rwind.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Silv3rwind.com\DisplayName Silv3rwind.com
Restart the machine in the normal mode to see the effect of this process after closing the registry editor. You are also required to run a system scan through the updated version of any antivirus program.