The Shopsafer is a recently developed tricky application that advertise itself as a useful program that helps users to provide a safer online shopping experience, however, this is nothing but just an adware program that is distributed by the cyber crooks with the clear intention of connecting the targeted systems to a remote server hosted by these notorious hackers. The Shopsafer always slips in the system files folder of your PC without providing any prior notice, and once it settles down in your PC, it starts gaining the comtrol of your computer. You will start receiving bulk quantity pop-up ads on the screen whenever you connected to the internet, and in this situation, you cannot surf on the web. It modifies your security settings to avoid any detection or removal effort, and in this process, you can be the victim of additional threats due to weaker security. The speed as well as the efficiency of the system affected negatively because of the presence of the Shopsafer.
Removal of Shopsafer
After knowing that the Shopsafer, is dictating its terms in your PC, you need to take back the control of your computer by removing this malicious application as quickly as possible. There are both manual as well as automatic options available to remove this nasty computer worm. The automatic removal is quick, and easy; whereas, the manual removal method is a bit complicated that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Boot the infected system in the safe mode to execute the commands of the manual removal process. Restart the computer, and access the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Hit the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option from the list of options.
End the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and hit the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see all the processes running in the background. Kill the following corrupt processes associated with the Shopsafer, before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Get rid of the following associated files of the Shopsafer from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Shopsafer pop-up Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Shopsafer pop-up Virus\Shopsafer pop-up Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry to complete this process. In this regard, access the registry editor through the Run option on the Start Menu, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the “OK” button. Eliminate the following associated entries of the Shopsafer after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopsafer pop-up Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopsafer pop-up Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopsafer pop-up Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopsafer pop-up Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopsafer pop-up Virus\DisplayName Shopsafer pop-up Virus
In the end, check if the availability of the virus by accessing the system in the normal mode, and do not forget to run a system scan through an updated version of your existing antivirus.