The Shoppstop.com Popup Ad is a malicious application that has been developed recently and infected thousands of computers using different versions of the windows operating system. The Shoppstop.com Popup Ad is classified as a nasty browser hijacker that sneaks into the system without getting the consent of the user. This dangerous browser hijacker is designed wisely in a way that it can easily find the security lapse inside the system. Once this virus enters in the system, it starts collecting your personal financial details such as credit card numbers, passwords, emails, and browsing history. Whenever you try to search anything, it shows the manipulated search results, and divert your web surfing towards affiliate sites to generate traffic and make commissions from pay per click programs. This malicious application is distributed through spam emails, compromised web pages, and removable storage devices. This infection modify the default settings on your system due to which the system becomes slow in responding.
Removal of Shoppstop.com Popup Ad
The Shoppstop.com Popup Ad browser hijacker should be removed as soon as it is discovered in the system. You can get remove this virus through any reliable automatic removal tool within just a few clicks of the mouse. Besides that, if you are an expert level user, you can try the manual removal method which is as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal instructions cannot be executed by remaining in the normal mode of operation. In this regard, you have to restart the infected computer, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to gain the access of the boot options menu. Select the safe mode from the list, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is removing the malicious processes associated with this virus. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. After accessing the task manager, you need to click on the Processes tab, and remove the following corrupt processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder by using the file explorer, and eradicate the following associated files of the Shoppstop.com Popup Ad virus by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Shoppstop.com Popup Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Shoppstop.com Popup Ads\Shoppstop.com Popup Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to complete this process by eliminating the corrupt entries from the windows registry. Open the start menu, select the Run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following associated entries of this nasty browser hijacker:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shoppstop.com Popup Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shoppstop.com Popup Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shoppstop.com Popup Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shoppstop.com Popup Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shoppstop.com Popup Ads\DisplayName Shoppstop.com Popup Ads
Close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode to see how effective you are able to follow the above mentioned instructions.