The Shopping Suggestions is a malicious program that secretly invades the computer, and start gaining the control of your online activity. The Shopping Suggestions is classified as an adware infection that infiltrate most of the browsers including the Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. It is clear that the hackers developed and distributed this dangerous adware purely for the commercial purposes to access the private information of the targeted users, and steal their money through online frauds. Downloading freeware from untrusted sources is the main weapon of the hackers to distribute this lethal virus on the selected computers. Once installed on any computer, the Shopping Suggestions adware start showing numerous pop-up ads on the screen which becomes extremely annoying as you are unable to perform any task on the system. Besides making your web surfing experience worse, it also makes your system extremely slow by eating most of the system resources.
Removal of Shopping Suggestions
Once your system start showing the symptoms of the Shopping Suggestions adware, you have to confirm its presence, and take solid steps to remove this virus at your earliest. You can get rid of this virus through any reliable automatic removal tool which is the easiest way to delete this adware program. Apart from that, the manual removal method is also available which consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all you have to change the mode of operation by terminating the normal mode and boot the infected system in the safe mode. Restart the machine, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode, once you are able to see the options on your screen, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to delete the associated processes of this adware infection. In this regard, open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background. Delete the following associated processes of this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of the Shopping Suggestions adware program from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Shopping Suggestions.lnk
- %Programs%\Shopping Suggestions\Shopping Suggestions.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, do not forget to clean the windows registry by getting rid of the corrupt associated entries of the Shopping Suggestions adware. Open the start menu, select the Run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following suspicious entries through the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopping Suggestions\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopping Suggestions
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopping Suggestions\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopping Suggestions\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopping Suggestions\DisplayName Shopping Suggestions
Close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal process. Select complete system scan from the main interface of your default antivirus program.