The Shopping Chip pop-up is a complicated computer infection that comes under the category of adware infections. The Shopping Chip pop-up is developed by the notorious cyber crooks in order to take the complete control of the targeted computers around the world, and perform some extremely harmful tasks. This dangerous adware often enters in the windows based computers through spam email campaigns, visiting compromised websites, downloading freeware from unknown sources, and clicking on the social media links without knowing the authenticity of the publishers. Once installed, the Shopping Chip pop-up virus changes all the important settings in your computer including the browser settings, and windows registry. This malicious application starts sending the malicious emails to your contact lists without your knowledge. This extremely dangerous adware degrade the overall performance of your PC and you will face frequent crashes as well as screen freezes.
The Manual Removal of Shopping Chip pop-up
You can remove this malicious adware program manually as well as automatically. Both methods have got their own advantages as well as disadvantages, but keep in mind that manual removal is a very difficult task which is only recommended to the experienced computer users. The manual removal instructions are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to reboot the system in the safe mode to terminate the normal mode by restarting it. Use the F8 key to access the boot options while the system is in restarting process, and once the options are visible on the screen of your computer, select the Safe Mode option, before pressing the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the above steps are completed, you have to remove the associated processes of the Shopping Chip pop-up virus. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and click the processes tab to see the list of running processes in your system. Delete the following associated processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder to remove the following suspicious files associated with the Shopping Chip pop-up adware virus:-
- %Desktopdir%\Shopping Chip.lnk
- %Programs%\Shopping Chip\Shopping Chip.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you are required to clean the windows registry section by removing the malicious additions to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, open the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option available in the Start menu. Once you are able to see the registry editor on the screen, remove the following suspicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopping Chip\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopping Chip
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopping Chip\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopping Chip\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopping Chip\DisplayName Shopping Chip
Restart the computer and run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this dangerous backdoor virus.