The Shoppi Extension is a typical browser extension that is classified as an adware program designed specifically to attack the computers using windows operating system. This malicious application always sneaks in the system secretly without getting the permission or consent of the user. There are various methods through which the developers of this adware spread this nasty adware program. These methods include freeware download, junk mail attachments, social websites, and peer to peer sharing of files. Once this adware successfully installed on the system, you will receive a huge number of annoying pop-up messages that appears on the screen every time you try to open a new tab. This is a type of application that is used by the hackers as an advertising platform to promote third party websites, drive traffic on the affiliate sites, achieve sales targets of the low ranked shopping websites, and make illegal money from pay per click programs. The Shoppi Extension keep diverting all your web searches towards unknown domains, and you cannot surf on the web freely. This malicious application makes your system extremely slow.
Manual Removal of Shoppi Extension
After confirming the presence of the Shoppi Extension in your system, your primary goal should be to get rid of this infection at your earliest. There are some reliable automatic tools available to get rid of this virus completely as well as quickly. Apart from that, the manual removal of this infection is also possible that is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before doing anything else, you are required to terminate the normal mode, and access the PC in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to reboot the computer, and access the boot options screen by using the F8 key. Select the Safe mode option and press the Enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab. You have to remove the following malicious associated processes of this redirect virus before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and proceed to the system files folder where you have to remove the following suspicious files with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Shoppi Extension.lnk
- %Programs%\Shoppi Extension\Shoppi Extension.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by running the “RegEdit” command from the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to locate as well as remove the following suspicious registry entries associated with the Shoppi Extension:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shoppi Extension\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shoppi Extension
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shoppi Extension\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shoppi Extension \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shoppi Extension\DisplayName Shoppi Extension
You have to restart the PC in the normal mode to ensure that the infection is removed successfully. Run a complete system scan through an updated version of your existing antivirus program.