The Shopperz is another deceptive application classified as an adware and developed by the hackers to deceive the innocent computer users. The Shopperz introduces itself as a helpful program that can save your money by showing discounted shopping deals, but in reality, this is nothing more than a malicious application that can harm your system in a number of ways. The main purpose of the Shopperz adware program is to access the private data folders of the users and steal their money by using their private information. This nasty adware can enter in your computer when you perform unsafe browsing on the web, or when you click on an attachment received through the spam email. Once installed, the Shopperz modify your browser settings without your permission, and you will start receiving huge number of pop-up ads on the main screen of your browser. It makes the system extremely slow by eating a high amount of total resources installed on the system.
Removal of Shopperz
Once it is confirmed that the computer is compromised to the Shopperz, your primary goal is to remove this infection completely and protect your data. In this regard, you either have to select any reliable automatic tool, or follow the complicated steps of the manual removal process. The instructions for the manual removal of this adware are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Access the computer in the safe mode so that you can access the task manager as well as the registry editor. Strike the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options screen while the system is restarted. Select the Safe Mode option after accessing the boot options menu, and select the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode on the system, you are required to end the malicious processes associated with this dangerous adware. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background. You have to kill the following processes from the list by using the End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following suspicious files associated with the Shopperz adware infectoin:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the infectious enteries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal method. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit.exe before pressing the OK button. Get rid of the following corrupt entries associated with the Shopperz:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopperz\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopperz\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopperz\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopperz\DisplayName Shopperz
Once the process is completed, it is time to check the success of the method by restarting the system in the normal mode.