The shopingkicks.com is a fake website that is designed by the notorious cyber criminals to trap the innocent computer users. This malicious application installed on your system through suspicious downloads, junk mail attachments, compromised websites, social engineering, and infected removable storage devices. Once installed on any system, the shopingkicks.com start diverting your searches towards its own domain, and you are unable to surf on the web freely. This malicious application tracks your online activities, and send all such information to the hackers who uses it for their own commercial benefits. It immediately changes the custom settings on your system, including the home page, default search provider, and desktop background. It also modifies the load time threshold of your browser due to which you are unable to open most of the websites. Once installed, this nasty infection makes your system extremely slow, and the performance of the computer also degrades.
Removal of shopingkicks.com
The shopingkicks.com is a lethal computer worm that can cause a lot trouble if not removed in time. You can select any reliable automatic tool to get rid of this virus which is not only easiest of the methods, but also work swiftly. Furthermore, the manual removal process is also available. The manual removal is not an easy option that is only recommended for the advanced level users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The most important step in the manual removal of the shopingkicks.com is to boot the system in the safe mode so that you can access the important system utilities. Restart the computer, and keep hitting the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu. Select the Safe Mode from the list of boot options, and hit the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode operation, you have to remove the associated processes of this virus. In this regard, open the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of your PC. Remove the following associated processes of the shopingkicks.com from the system before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following malicious files along with their folder as soon as possible:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. Delete the following corrupt entries associated with the shopingkicks.com from the windows registry, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopingkicks.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopingkicks.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopingkicks.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shopingkicks.com\DisplayName Shopingkicks.com
Restart the computer in the normal mode to to see if the virus removed, and if the shopingkicks.com is removed successfully, run a complete system scan from the main interface of your default antivirus program.