How to Remove Severe Weather Alerts virus?
The Severe Weather Alerts virus is a dangerous computer worm categorized as a lethal adware, and sneaks in the computers without getting prior permission from the user. This malicious application is used by the cyber crooks to display commercial ads on the screen of the infected computer. Once installed, the Severe Weather Alerts virus changes most of the important settings inside your computer including the home page, search engine settings, DNS settings, windows firewall, and desktop background. Besides that, the Severe Weather Alerts virus restrict your access to some of the most important utilities like windows task manager, and registry editor. A number of exe files are removed in order to avoid the detection, and the speed of the computer also degrades by a considerable margin. You cannot install the genuine search engines because of this virus.
The Manual Removal of Severe Weather Alerts virus
Once you become a victim of the Severe Weather Alerts adware virus, you have to minimize the loss by removing this virus quickly. You can get rid of this adware either using an automatic removal tool, or by following the complicated steps of the manual removal method. Following are the instructions for the manual removal of the Severe Weather Alerts virus:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to terminate the normal mode of operation before starting the manual removal process. Restart the infected PC and hit the F8 key repeatedly which gives you the access of the boot options menu. Once the boot options appears on the screen, select the safe mode before pressing the Enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Once the task manager is accessed, you have to select the processes tab where you can see a list of processes running in the background of your computer. Find and delete the following associated processes of the Severe Weather Alerts adware virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of the Severe Weather Alerts infection from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Severe Weather Alerts virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Severe Weather Alerts virus\Severe Weather Alerts virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In order to clean the windows registry you have to access the registry editor. In this regard, you have to Run the RegEdit.exe command through Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Severe Weather Alerts virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Severe Weather Alerts virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Severe Weather Alerts virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Severe Weather Alerts virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Severe Weather Alerts virus\DisplayName Severe Weather Alerts virus
Close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes. Update the antivirus program before running a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this virus.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic Severe Weather Alerts virus removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download Severe Weather Alerts virus Removal Tool to automatically remove Severe Weather Alerts virus.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the eGdpSvc.exe,do submit your comments to get clarified.