The Servermarketing.net is a malicious application that belongs to recently distributed browser hijackers that are designed specifically to attack the windows based computers. This malicious browser hijacker can infect all the browsers, including the Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. Once installed, it utilizes most part of your CPU resources which results in frequent system crashes, and slow responding speed. Once installed, it forcefully redirects your web searches towards unwanted sites. It modifies the startup page of your browser without your consent, and also change your search provider. It sows annoying pop-up messages on the screen of infected computer in which the hackers try to promote the affiliate websites. It is used by the hackers to boost the advertising revenue through illegal methods.
Removal of Servermarketing.net
The Servermarketing.net is a nasty browser hijacker, that can cause severe damage to your computer if not removed in quick time. In this regard, you can select any reliable automatic tool, which is not only fast, but gives you the guaranteed results. The manual removal of this malicious application is also possible, but extremely complicated. The instructions for the manual removal process are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can execute the manual removal process after accessing the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the PC, and access the boot options menu by striking the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. As soon as you are able to see the boot options, select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key to access the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
By remaining in the safe mode, you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see all the processes running in the background of your PC. You have to find as well as remove the following associated processes of the Servermarketing.net: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once done with the processes issue, you have to open the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files associated with the Servermarketing.net:-
- %Desktopdir%\Servermarketing.net Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Servermarketing.net Redirect Virus\Servermarketing.net Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to open the registry editor. By using the registry editor, you have to eradicate the following corrupt entries related to this dangerous browser hijacker, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Servermarketing.net Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Servermarketing.net Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Servermarketing.net Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Servermarketing.net Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Servermarketing.net Redirect Virus\DisplayName Servermarketing.net Redirect Virus
Restart the machine in the normal mode to to check if the virus is removed successfully, or still in the system. Update your existing antivirus, and run a complete system scan on the computer.