The Sense pop-up is a dangerous computer infection which is classified as an adware program that sneaks in the targeted computers without providing prior information, and it performs a number of malicious activities after blocking some of the features of your system. The Sense pop-up infection often invades the system while watching live movies from unknown websites, and once it enters in the system, you will feel that the computer starts behaving strangely. This malicious application starts automatically every time you open the system, and display fake pop-up alerts about the health of your computer. After accessing your personal information, the Sense pop-up virus sends these details to the cyber thugs who use such information in online financial crimes. You will experience the connection issues, and frequent system crashes if this nasty adware infection is not removed from the system quickly.
Removal of Sense pop-up
You have to realize the seriousness of this issue as the Sense pop-up adware infection is an extremely dangerous threat. In this regard you have to find a way to get rid of this virus as soon as you are able to confirm the presence of the Sense pop-up. The manual process is a bit complicated due to which it is only recommended to the experienced computer users. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to restart the system and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. You have to select the safe mode option from the list of options displayed on the screen, and hit the Enter key to open the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step of this process you have to kill the associated processes of the Sense pop-up by accessing the windows task manager. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab as soon as you are able to see the task manager window. Kill the following malicious processes associated with this adware infection by using the “End Process“ button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Get rid of the associated data of the Sense pop-up. Following are the files hidden in the system files folder that you have to delete quickly:-
- %Desktopdir%\Sense pop-up ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Sense pop-up ads\Sense pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is started, delete the following entries associated with the Sense pop-up:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sense pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sense pop-up ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sense pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sense pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sense pop-up ads\DisplayName Sense pop-up ads
Reboot the PC once again in the normal mode, and if the manual removal process is successful, you have to run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus software.