The Securesearch.lavasoft.com is a malicious application that keeps redirecting all your searches towards unknown websites where you are encouraged to buy products that are useless. It looks like a legitimate application, but it is nothing more than a redirect virus. The Securesearch.lavasoft.com spread through various different ways that include social media links, freeware, unsafe browsing, and spam email attachments. Once installed on any PC, it will immediately change all the browser settings of the infected PC, that includes a home page, default search engine, and DNS settings. Besides that, this malicious application also runs a number of fake pop-up alerts which tells you that your computer is at high risk. These alerts encourage you to buy the paid version of this software which is actually a fake application designed to take away your money as well as confidential details.
How to Remove Securesearch.lavasoft.com manually?
Once the Securesearch.lavasoft.com detects n any computer, the user have to remove it quickly, because if it remains in the computer too long, it can cause permanent damage to the hardware as well as software resources of the infected computer. Following are the steps for manual removal of this threat:-
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
In order to remove this redirect parasite, you have to first start the infected system in the safe mode so that you can proceed further in this manual removal process. You have to restart the system to terminate the normal mode of infected computer, and hit F8 button repeatedly to start the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option from the list and hit the enter button.
Delete the Malicious Processes
When the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to end the malicious processes attached to this virus. In this regard, just press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and when the task manager started, click on the processes tab to remove the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After successfully removing the associated processes, you need to delete the corrupt files that are hidden in the system files. You have to browse through the system files folder, and delete the following files immediately:-
Clean the Windows Registry
Once done with the files and folders, you have to delete the malicious registry entries that are created by this dangerous application. You have to open the registry editor by clicking on the start button visible on the bottom of your screen, select Run, and type regedit in the box. Once the registry editor started, you have to find as well as delete these entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Securesearch.lavasoft.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Securesearch.lavasoft.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Securesearch.lavasoft.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Securesearch.lavasoft.com\DisplayName Securesearch.lavasoft.com
After successful removal of the registry entries created by this dangerous application, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have just made.