The Searchmasterz.com Redirect Virus is very similar to Utorrent.inspsearch.com Redirect Virus and one of the most lethal redirect virus of recent times that is designed to infect most of the popular search engines including the Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Once this malicious application enters in the system, it redirects all your searches towards strange websites, and shows the manipulated search results. This nasty redirect virus slips in the computer through spam emails, visiting adult websites, using the corrupt removable devices, and social engineering. Once successfully installed on any computer, it modifies most of the default settings on that computer, including the home page, default search provider, desktop background, and DNS settings without getting the consent of the user. As soon as this malicious application enters in the system, the browser becomes extremely slow as most of the resources are eaten by this nasty redirect virus. None of the antivirus is able to detect or remove this stubborn infection. This nasty infection consists of different programs, and browser plugins.
Removal of Searchmasterz.com Redirect Virus
As soon as it is confirmed that you become the victim of the Searchmasterz.com Redirect Virus, you need to remove this virus effectively in a way that it will never return back. There are some reliable automatic tools available in this regard. Besides that, the manual removal method is also there which is only suitable for the experienced users. The instructions for the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to boot the infected system in the safe mode to start the manual process. Restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options list. Select the safe mode from the list once you are able to see the boot options on the screen before pressing the Enter key to boot the infected computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to get rid of the malicious processes associated with this redirect virus. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to delete the following processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following infected files associated with the Searchmasterz.com Redirect Virus:-
- %Desktopdir%\Searchmasterz.com Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Searchmasterz.com Redirect Virus\Searchmasterz.com Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to open the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select the Run option, and type regedit in the box. Delete the following associated entries of this redirect virus before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchmasterz.com Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchmasterz.com Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchmasterz.com Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchmasterz.com Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchmasterz.com Redirect Virus\DisplayName Searchmasterz.com Redirect Virus
Check the success of the manual removal efforts by running the system in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through any reliable antivirus program.