The Searchlatinas.com is a malicious application comes under the category of adware viruses. This dangerous adware program enters in the computers without getting permission from the user, and execute the malicious files in the infected system. Once installed, this virus attacks the important system files by using the vulnerabilities already available within the system. This tricky infection can make an efficient system absolutely useless within just a few days of time. This virus has the ability to change DNS settings, browser settings, privacy settings and configuration settings. Besides that this adware can modify the windows registry by adding or modifying the current entries. This application runs the annoying pop-up ads on the screen, and you will also receive the exe file missing messages on the screen frequently. If you do not remove this virus quickly, your confidential data at high risk, and hackers can access that data anytime they want.
The Manual Removal of Searchlatinas.com
When you are able to detect the Searchlatinas.com on the system, you have to find a method to get rid of this at your earliest. There are automatic as well as manual methods available to remove this virus. The automatic method is easy and convenient for the novice users; whereas, the manual removal is only recommended for the advanced level computer users, and consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before starting the actual process of virus removal you have to reboot the system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode on your computer. Restart the computer and use F8 button to access the boot options. Select the safe mode and press “Enter” to start your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
After operating the system in the safe mode, you can remove the corrupt processes associated with this threat. In order to access the windows task manager you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window appears on the screen, click on the processes tab, and remove the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the file explorer and proceed to the system files folder to remove the following suspicious files with the help of “Delete” key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to access the registry editor to reverse the modification in the windows registry. The registry editor can be accessed by clicking on the start menu, select “run”, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the enter. Once the registry editor started, you have to remove the following associated entries of this threat. After removing these entries successfully, you have to close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchlatinas.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchlatinas.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchlatinas.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchlatinas.com\DisplayName Searchlatinas.com
Do not forget to run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus program.