The SearchIt.com is a malicious domain that is created by the notorious cyber crooks to threaten the innocent computer users, and access their personal information. The SearchIt.com introduces itself as a legitimate search engine, and at first look, you will feel it just like any other popular search engine, but keep in mind that this is a tricky browser hijacker that is designed to manipulate your web searches and show fake results whenever you try to search anything on the web. It modify your home page and default browser without your permission, and you will also see a whole new desktop. Apart from that, the SearchIt.com monitors your browsing behavior to divert you automatically towards websites that matches your browsing preferences. You will be forced to buy low grade products from the unknown suppliers on these phishing websites. This malicious application is a tool for the hackers to generate traffic on the affiliate sites. You will notice that the system speed is decreasing every day, and system freezes more frequently without any reason.
Removal of SearchIt.com
After getting infected from the SearchIt.com, your first priority should be how to remove this browser hijacker from the system. In this regard, you can try some automatic removal tools that are easy to use and gives you guaranteed results. Besides that, the manual removal of this virus is also available that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before doing anything else you have to start the computer in the safe mode to execute the manual removal process. In this regard, you have to restart the computer, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Choose the safe mode once you are able to access the list before pressing the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode on the infected machine, you need to access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the processes tab under the task manager window and remove the following associated processes of the SearchIt.com before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of this infection from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\SearchIt.com Pop-up.lnk
- %Programs%\SearchIt.com Pop-up\SearchIt.com Pop-up.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process can be completed when you remove the suspicious entries from the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by accessing the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit.exe in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SearchIt.com Pop-up\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SearchIt.com Pop-up
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SearchIt.com Pop-up\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SearchIt.com Pop-up\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SearchIt.com Pop-up\DisplayName SearchIt.com Pop-up
Restart the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see how effectively you have followed the instructions. Repeat the same process if the virus is still available inside the system.