What is Searchgra.com
When you open your browser amd find Searchgra.com loading as your homepage. Then it is confirmed that you are infected with this malicious browser hijacker. This malware enters your browser settings and do various changes like replacing your homepage, search engine, shortcuts. Mostly it affects internet explorer, Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other latest browsers. Searchgra.com resembles Google logo and it imitates everything a typical search engine does. Google provides a special feature to website owners to have their own custom labeled search engine using the Google custom search in their website. This is misused by some of the fake search engines like seachgra.com. When these hijackers change the default settings in the browser, they will affect the users with performance and privacy issues. Here in our tutorial, we provide detailed steps to manually remove the searchgra.com from your browsers and reset all your settings.
How Searchgra.com infected your PC
Searchgra.com is bundled as toolbar along with free applications and install along with your software. Mostly the software are freeware which are music, video players, PDF readers, file convertors, file downloader, video downloader, file mangers, rouge optimizers software. So, it is recommended that whenever you try to install ny free software, before clicking on I Accept the terms and condition checkbox, read everything carefully and uncheck the unwanted program installation.
How to Remove Searchgra.com Manually
We currently don’t recommend to remove the Searchgra.com manually, for more better solution use automatic Removal Tools.
Select the Safe Mode
To proceed with the manual removal method, you need to terminate the normal mode, and reboot the infected system in the safe mode. This can be done by restarting your computer, and when the system is in restarting process, you have to open the boot options menu with the help of F8 key, and select the safe mode option from the list of different options to boot your computer in the safe mode.
Remove the Associated Processes
The next step is, killing of the malicious processes associated with the Searchgra.com. You can do this by accessing the windows task manager which can be opened by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once you are able to see the task manager window, you have to click on the processes tab , and delete following process from the list of running processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
You have to delete the malicious registry entries created by this dangerous malware to complete the manual removal process. In order to clean the windows registry from these corrupt entries, you need to access the registry editor with the help of Regedit command which can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Following are the entries that are required to be deleted:-
Searchgra.com registry keys:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchgra.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchgra.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchgra.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchgra.com\DisplayName Searchgra.com
Remove Searchgra.com from Control Panel
In order to remove Searchgra.com from your system, you must uninstall it using Control Panel. This will be in various names like “Searchgra.com – Uninstall” or just “Searchgra.com” or Searchgra.com Homepage.
Follow the below instructions for removing on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Steps to Remove Searchgra.com from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose Searchgra.com – Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall.
Steps to Remove Searchgra.com from Windows 7:
- Click on Start button.
- Then navigate to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program.
- Choose Searchgra.com – Uninstall and then click Uninstall.
Steps to Remove Searchgra.com from Windows 8:
- Just Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click on Apps.
- Then choose Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Searchgra.com – Uninstall, click Uninstall.
Steps to Remove Searchgra.com from Windows 10:
- Just Right-click on the Start button.
- Open the menu and select Programs and Features.
- Find Searchgra.com – Uninstall in the list.
- Finally Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic removal tool below.
Download Searchgra.com Removal Tool