The Searchbrowsing.com is a nasty browser hijacker that is developed by the notorious cyber crooks to attack the computers using windows operating system. This malicious application enters in any system without getting the approval from the user, and start performing harmful activities to destroy the system completely. It has the ability to hijack all the major browsers, including the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Once the Searchbrowsing.com slips in the system, it modifies the security settings without your consent, and opens the backdoor for the additional parasites. After settling down in the system, it takes the complete control of your browsing, and divert your searching efforts towards unknown places. Besides that, it also changes the windows registry, and add the fake startup keys. You will notice that the home page of your browser, and default search provider also changed without your permission. The hackers introduced this lethal browser hijacker to steal your personal data including the credit card numbers, passwords, and browsing preferences.
Removal of Searchbrowsing.com
The Searchbrowsing.com is one of the most lethal browser hijackers of recent times that can destroy your system completely. There are several automatic tools available through which you can get rid of this nasty browser hijacker within no time. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available in this regard, which is complicated, and detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal process, you have to boot the machine in the safe mode. Reboot the computer, and access the boot options by pressing the F8 key repeatedly. Once the boot options are visible, choose the Safe Mode option before striking the Enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to get rid of the following malicious processes associated with the Searchbrowsing.com before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the associated processes, you have to remove the associated data of this browser hijacker. Get rid of the following associated files of the Searchbrowsing.com from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to clean the windows registry by removing the fake entries included in the windows registry by this malicious application. In this regard, open the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run, and write Regedit.exe. Eradicate the following corrupt entries associated with the Searchbrowsing.com:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchbrowsing.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchbrowsing.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchbrowsing.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Searchbrowsing.com\DisplayName Searchbrowsing.com
Evaluate the success of the manual removal process by rebooting the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor. Update your existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan to remove any infections caused by this browser hijacker.