The Search.twcc.com Redirect Virus is a nasty computer virus belongs from the browser hijackers family of infections. This is an aggressive infection that immediately gains the control of your browsing after entering into the system. This application attacks the computer when you perform unsafe browsing, use corrupt external storage devices, junk mail attachments, and downloading free programs from unknown websites. Once installed, it modifies the home page, desktop background, DNS setting, and default search provider without your permission. This is a tool for the notorious hackers to access your system, and steal your crucial financial information which can be used in the cyber crimes. The Search.twcc.com Redirect Virus makes your computer super slow as it takes most of the CPU space, and also causes the frequent crashes. Besides that, it also corrupts the windows registry by adding the corrupt entries and keys.
Removal of Search.twcc.com Redirect Virus
The Search.twcc.com Redirect Virus is an aggressive browser hijacker that can make your browsing experience worse if not removed completely, and within quick time. You have got manual as well as automatic methods to remove this malicious application. The automatic method is easy to use, and convenient for the novice users. On the other hand, the manual method is a bit too much, and only recommended for the experienced users. The instructions for the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Access the system in the safe mode after terminating the normal mode of operation. You have to restart the machine, and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode from the list of options, and press the Enter key to boot the infected computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
When the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to kill the associated processes of this threat. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to delete the following malicious processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this process is the removal of the associated data. In this regard, you have to delete the following files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Search.twcc.com Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Search.twcc.com Redirect Virus\Search.twcc.com Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this process is clean the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through the Run option available in the Start menu. Remove the following corrupt entries from the windows registry once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.twcc.com Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.twcc.com Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.twcc.com Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.twcc.com Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.twcc.com Redirect Virus\DisplayName Search.twcc.com Redirect Virus
Close the registry editor, and run a complete system scan after restarting the system in the normal mode.