The Search.protectedio.com is one of the most dangerous Adware programs of the recent times, and it always arrives in the system through spam emails, and other tricky methods. Once it makes it way into the system, it starts affecting the important system files badly, and can cause permanent damage to a few of your system resources. Search.protectedio.com connects your PC to a remote server which starts downloading more dangerous files to your system. It allows the notorious hackers to collect your sensitive personal information. It hide itself in a way that you cannot detect this adware infection through your normal antivirus tools, and once it spreads in your computer, it become impossible for you to remove this lethal Adware program through traditional removal methods.
Removal of Search.protectedio.com
After realizing the presence of Search.protectedio.com in your computer, you need to find an effective method to get rid of this dangerous infection from the system. There are some reliable automatic tools available in this regard, but you can also remove this virus manually. The process of manual removal is lengthy, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all you need to change the mode of operation of your computer, and start the system in the safe mode instead of the normal mode. In this regard, restart the computer, and while the system is restarted, keep hitting the F8 key to access the boot options screen. Press the Enter key once you select the safe mode option from the list of boot options appeared on the screen.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the system in the safe mode, you need to get rid of the malicious processes associated with this virus. You have to open the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and under the task manager window, you have to click on the processes tab, where you need to remove the following suspicious processes associated with the Windows Browser Warning’ pop-up: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step of this process, you have to remove the following associated files of this Adware program by using the file explorer:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to complete the manual removal process by cleaning the windows registry section. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor by selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” before pressing the OK button. In the registry editor, you have to eradicate the following suspicious entries of the Search.protectedio.com:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.protectedio.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.protectedio.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.protectedio.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.protectedio.com\DisplayName Search.protectedio.com
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of your manual removal and update your existing antivirus.