The Search.golliver.com is a malicious domain which is classified as an adware program specifically developed, designed, and distributed to infect the windows based platforms. The main objective of developing such an advanced level computer infection is to control the targeted systems, and gain monetary benefits by using the black hat techniques. The cyber crooks distributes this infection through spam email attachments, social media links, removable devices, and compromised websites. Once this adware modify the basic settings of your browser, it start disturbing your browsing sessions by showing huge number of pop-up ads on the browser screen. The Search.golliver.com is also known as a resource eater computer worm that makes your system extremely slow by eating all the system resources. Some of the cyber crooks also uses this malicious application to divert traffic towards affiliate websites.
Removal of Search.golliver.com
The Search.golliver.com is a dangerous computer parasite that should be removed completely as well as quickly from the system. There are both automatic as well as manual options available in this regard. The manual removal is a bit complicated for the novice computer users, and the instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is mendatory to start the system in the safe mode before proceeding towards the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the computer, and reach the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode after accessing the boot options, and press the Enter button to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Kill the associated processes of this infection once you are able to access the system in the safe mode. In this regard, open the task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and once you are able to see the task manager, you have to click on the Processes tab where you can easily remove the following corrupt processes one by one: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of the Search.golliver.com from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Search.golliver.com Pop-up Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Search.golliver.com Pop-up Ads\Search.golliver.com Pop-up Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Do not forget to remove the modifications from the windows registry in the final step of this process. You have to access the registry editor to make changes in the windows registry. The registry editor can be accessed by running the RegEdit command from the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.golliver.com Pop-up Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.golliver.com Pop-up Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.golliver.com Pop-up Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.golliver.com Pop-up Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.golliver.com Pop-up Ads\DisplayName Search.golliver.com Pop-up Ads
Restart the PC in the normal mode of operation to see if the virus is removed, and run a complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus application.