The Search Deals is a malicious application that is considered as a browser hijacker as well as adware. Once installed, the Search Deals have the ability to display annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the infected computers. These ads are related to the promotion of other malware known as SuperFish. The Search Deals are used by the notorious hackers as an advertising platform that also work as a browser hijacker. The Search Deals offer you various deals as well as discounted coupons but actually it is an adware that also works as spyware. This malicious application redirects all your searches towards certain phishing websites where you are encouraged to buy fake software applications. It also changes the settings of your security tools and open the back door for the additional malware. Moreover, the Search Deals eat most of the resources in your computer, and make your system extremely slow after getting it installed.
The Manual Removal of Search Deals
Once it is clear that the system is infected by the Search Deals virus, your goal is to get rid of this adware plus browser hijacker as soon as possible. One of the simplest ways of removing this malicious application is by choosing any reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal of this virus has been possible yet complicated. We recommend the manual removal of this virus for the advanced level computer users or professionals. Following are the steps of the manual removal process :-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the computer, and while the computer is restarting you should use the F8 key to access the boot options menu. From the list of available options appeared on your screen, you have to select the safe mode before pressing enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of manual removal process is killing the malicious processes associated with this virus. In this regard, hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager window. In the task manager you have to click on the processes tab and delete following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After removing the associated processes, you have to delete the following associated files of this malicious application from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\FastAgain PC Booster.lnk
- %Programs%\FastAgain PC Booster\FastAgain PC Booster.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end do not forget to modify the windows registry. You have to open the registry editor with the help of “Regedit” command which can be executed through “Run” option available in the start menu. You have to delete the following corrupt entries created by the Search Deals, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FastAgain PC Booster\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FastAgain PC Booster
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FastAgain PC Booster\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FastAgain PC Booster\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FastAgain PC Booster\DisplayName FastAgain PC Booster
Restart the system in the normal mode and see the effect of changes that you have made recently during the manual removal process.