The Search.certified-toolbar.com is a dangerous computer virus that is considered as a lethal browser hijacker infection. Once it enters in any windows based system, it can cause permanent damage to the resources as well as data to make the system completely useless. Once enters in the system, this browser hijacker can infect all the popular browsers including the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. After settling down in the system, the Search.certified-toolbar.com infection can redirect all your searches towards affiliate links for the promotional purpose. Besides that, you will also experience a number of annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your system. All these activities are designed for the commercial purposes to promote the certain products, generate traffic on the websites, and make money through commissions. This browser hijacker is a tool for the hackers to steal the personal confidential data of the targeted users.
The Manual Removal of Search.certified-toolbar.com
Once it is confirmed that your system is under attack by the Search.certified-toolbar.comm you need to delete this infection without wasting a single moment. You have to choose you want to delete the Search.certified-toolbar.com manually or through any reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal instructions are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the system in the safe mode before going for the actual removal process of this dangerous browser hijacker. You are required to restart the machine and use the F8 key to see the boot options. Select the safe mode option from the list and hit the Enter key to reboot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to get rid of the associated processes of the Search.certified-toolbar.com. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and press the Processes tab to access the list of processes. You have to remove the following malicious processes that are considered as the associated with the Search.certified-toolbar.com:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following suspicious files available in the system files folder and considered as the associated data of the Search.certified-toolbar.com:-
- %Desktopdir%\Search.certified-toolbar.com hijacker.lnk
- %Programs%\Search.certified-toolbar.com hijacker\Search.certified-toolbar.com hijacker.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of the e manual removal process of the Search.certified-toolbar.com, you have to clean the windows registry through the help of the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed through the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start Menu. Following are the entries that are required to be deleted from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.certified-toolbar.com hijacker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.certified-toolbar.com hijacker
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.certified-toolbar.com hijacker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.certified-toolbar.com hijacker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search.certified-toolbar.com hijacker\DisplayName Search.certified-toolbar.com hijacker
Close the registry editor to reboot the machine again in the normal mode to see the process of manual removal of this malicious browser hijacker is successful or otherwise.