The Search.b1.org is a malicious application that present itself as a legitimate search engine, but actually this is nothing more than a fake application that makes your system useless if remain in your system.This dangerous parasite is categorized as a browser redirect virus that changes all your browser settings once installed on your computer. Once installed, your home page as well as default search engine changed to http//Search.b1.org , and your computer starts behaving weirdly. This malicious parasite assists the hackers in giving the remote access of the infected system as well as transferring the important data including your browsing history that is supposed to be used in the online frauds. Some of the hackers also use this virus for commercial purposes such as generating traffic on the low quality websites, or advertising the unknown products. Once installed, the speed of the computer decreased considerably as most of the resources eaten by this dangerous redirect virus.
The Manual Removal of Search.b1.org
Once it is confirmed that the Search.b1.org sneaked into your computer, you have to remove it quickly. You can remove this virus by using any reliable automatic removal tool within few minutes. The manual removal method is also available but it is only recommended for the advance level computer users. The steps for manual removal method are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Reboot the computer in the safe mode by using the F8 key, and selecting the safe mode option from the list of boot options before hitting the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system restarted in the safe mode, now you can proceed towards the next step of the manual removal method that is deleting the malicious processes. You have to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and once the task manager is accessed you have to click the processes tab. Find and delete the following associated processes of this threat from the list of running processes that is visible under the processes tab:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to open the file explorer and navigate to the system files folder where you have to find and delete the following suspicious files:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You also need to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registyry. In this regard, click on the start button, select “run” option, and type “regedit” in the box to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following associated entries of the Search.b1.org, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://search.b1.org\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://search.b1.org\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://search.b1.org\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://search.b1.org\DisplayName Http://search.b1.org
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the succe3ss of the manual removal efforts. Update the existing antivirus and run a complete system scan to remove the infections from your computer.