The Sea App this is a tricky plugin that is added to almost all the browsers without getting the permission of the user. This malicious application is used to send bulk spam messages on the system. Besides downloading from the website, this dangerous plugin is also bundled with the third part applications, and freeware. The hackers use this virus as a tool to promote third party products, and also show the price compressions according to the browsing preferences of the user. The application modifies the home page along with the search provider to dictate its terms while surfing. Your all searching efforts will be redirected towards unexpected web pages. The Sea App infection also collects the personal details of the users including the financial credentials.
The Manual Removal of Sea App
Once it becomes obvious that the Sea App virus has invaded your system, you have to protect your data privacy along with the system resources by taking effective measures to remove this infection. The virus can be removed by using the automatic removal methods that are not only easy but also quick. The manual removal of this lethal infection is also possible that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot achieve the complete removal of this virus by remaining in the normal mode. To access the safe mode, you have to restart the system, and hit the F8 key to access the boot options menu where you can select the Safe mode option. Once the booting options are visible on your screen, select the Safe Mode and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Remove the malicious processes associated with the Sea App virus. You have to access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab. Delete the following associated processes of this infection before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of processes, you have to find as well as remove the following files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Sea App adware.lnk
- %Programs%\Sea App adware\Sea App adware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to clean the windows registry by removing the keys created by the Sea App virus. Open the registry editor by selecting the Start menu, choose Run option, and type regedit in the box before pressing the OK button. Once the registry editor is accessed on your screen, remove the following corrupt entries associated with the Sea App:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sea App adware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sea App adware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sea App adware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sea App adware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sea App adware\DisplayName Sea App adware
Restart the PC in the normal mode after closing the registry editor, to see how effectively you have followed the instructions. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.