The Saving Slider Adware is a malicious application that is categorized as adware virus, and installed on any PC without the consent of the user. Once it is installed on your PC, it will show the pop-up ads in which you are offered discounted or free coupons, and also show the comparison of price between different stores through these pop-up ads. Mostly this malicious adware infects your computer when you accept online offers from unauthenticated publishers, do unsafe browsing, or click on the attachment received through the spam email. The tricky adware is bundled with a number of other malicious applications, and once it is installed on your computer, it has the ability to install other parasites. Besides that, this adware occupies most of the resources of your computer which affects the speed of your computer negatively.
Manual Removal Process of Slider Adware
Once it is detected on your computer you need to remove the Saving Slider Adware at your earliest. You can use both, automatic removal tool as well as manual removal method to get rid of this tricky adware program. In order to remove the Saving Slider Adware manually, you have to follow the below mentioned instructions:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
The first thing which you need to do is restart the computer, and press F8 key. This will bring a boot option menu on your screen from which you have to select the first option which is Safe Mode, and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
Delete the Malicious Processes
After restarting the computer in safe mode, you need to kill the associated processes of this threat. In this regard you have to start the task manager window by holding Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and once the task manager is started, you have to click on the processes tab to identify and delete the following malicious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Files and Folders
You have to delete the associated files and folders of this adware, and in this regard, you have to navigate towards C:\Program files through file explorer, and delete the following files through Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Savings Slider Adware virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Savings Slider Adware virus\Savings Slider Adware virus.lnk
Delete Registry Entries
When you are done with the files and folders, the next step is, you need to delete the corrupt registry entries created by this adware. You need to start the registry editor by executing the “RegEdit.exe” command through “Run” option available in the “Start” menu. Once the registry editor is started, you have to navigate towards the following registry entries, and remove them quickly to complete the registry cleanup, as well as the manual removal process:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Savings Slider Adware virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Savings Slider Adware virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Savings Slider Adware virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Savings Slider Adware virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Savings Slider Adware virus\DisplayName Savings Slider Adware virus
After deleting the above mentioned entries, you have to close the registry editor and restart the computer in the safe mode.