The Savings Scout virus is a malicious computer application that is categorized as an adware virus. Once installed on the PC, the Savings Scout virus it runs annoying pop-up ads in the bulk quantity to disturb your routine work. These pop-up ads include the commercial ads that are designed and distributed to generate traffic on the low ranked websites, and the ads that are used to distribute the malicious code to corrupt the system. This malicious application has the capability to facilitate the additional threats and open a backdoor for other parasites. You cannot access many of the important utilities in your computer, and also stop your access towards the data files due to which it becomes impossible to work on the computer once the Savings Scout adware virus attacks the system. The speed along with the efficiency also reduced considerably because of this infection as it eats most of the system resources.
The Manual Removal of Savings Scout virus
You have to get rid of this dangerous adware program once it is confirmed that the system is compromised to the Savings Scout virus. Besides the automatic removal tools, the manual removal method is also available which is only recommended to the professional users as it involves complicated instructions. The steps involved in the manual removal process are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to restart the infected system and use the F8 to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options menu is accessed, select the safe mode option from the available list of options, and hit the enter button to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After start operating the infected system in the safe mode, you have to delete the malicious processes associated with the Savings Scout virus. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and once the task manager is accessed, hit the process tab of the where you can see a list of running processes. You have to end the following malicious processes one by one using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder and remove the following associated files of the Savings Scout adware virus through the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus.lnk
- %Programs%\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will only be completed when you clean the registry section of the windows operating system through the registry editor. Access the registry editor by clicking the start menu, select Run option, and execute the “regedit.exe” command. Remove the following corrupt entries created by this infection, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus\DisplayName YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus
Start the system in the normal mode to see the success of the manual removal process.