The Savings Hero is a malicious application that is categorized as an adware and invades the windows based computers without providing any information to the user. This lethal adware infection often distributed via infected media devices, and soon after settling down in the system, the Savings Hero performs a number of hazardous activities inside the system. You will see that whenever you try to surf on the web, there are huge number of pop-up ads are displaying on your screen which is very annoying. Besides that, the speed of your browser also degrades and you cannot open any website as it takes too much time to load. The hackers use this adware infection to access the targeted computers and steal their private information which is then used by these criminals in online frauds.
The Manual Removal of Savings Hero
Once the system showing the above mentioned symptoms of the Savings Hero infection, you have to start the removal process at your earliest. The best method for the new users is automatic removal which is safe, and easy as it hardly takes few minutes to clean your system. The manual removal method is also available but only recommended for the professional level users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must start the infected computer in the safe mode so that you can proceed further in the manual removal process. Restart your computer, and access the boot option menu by pressing the F8 key repeatedly during the time system restarting. Once the boot options are accessed, select the Safe mode option, and press the Enter to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of the manual removal process is deleting the associated processes of the Savings Hero infection. To do this you need to access the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and selects the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see the list of processes running in the background of your system. You have to kill the following associated process of the Savings Hero adware, and close the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You must delete the following associated files of the Savings Hero adware virus from the system files folder :-
- %Desktopdir%\Savings Hero.lnk
- %Programs%\Savings Hero\Savings Hero.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Do not forget to clean the windows registry by removing the modifications. Access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box to. You have to remove the following suspicious entries associated with the Savings Hero, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Savings Hero\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Savings Hero
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Savings Hero\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Savings Hero\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Savings Hero\DisplayName Savings Hero
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to restart the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to complete this manual removal process.