The SAPE.Heur.685 is a lethal computer worm that is classified as a Trojan horse, and always arrives in the windows based computers secretly. It can be installed in any system automatically without any manual intervention, and once the SAPE.Heur.685 installed on the system, it can be a serious threat for the system resources as well as data stored on the system. It changes the windows firewall to make your system a junkyard of different types of infections. You will notice that the unwanted pop-up ads arrives in the main interface of your browser whenever you try to open a new tab. Often you click on these pop-up links accidently when you try to close these small pop-up windows, and you will be redirected towards unknown websites. The SAPE.Heur.685 Trojan is a resource eater virus that consumes most of the system resources which results in a huge slowdowns in the performance of your PC.
Removal of SAPE.Heur.685
After knowing that the SAPE.Heur.685 is arrived in your PC, you have to leave whatever you are doing, and take steps to get rid of this Trojan horse infection. There are some effective tools available to get rid of this computer worm automatically, within just a few minutes. The manual removal process is extremely difficult, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Terminate the normal mode of operation and access the machine in the safe mode. Reboot the PC to terminate the normal mode, and while the system is restarted, keep hitting the F8 key to access the boot options screen. Select the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to open the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager, by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background of your computer. Remove the following associated processes of this adware infection before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder on your local drive with the Help of Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Do not forget to clean the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries to complete the manual removal process. The registry editor can be accessed by selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” before pressing the OK button. As soon as the registry editor is accessed, you have to get rid of the following supported entries of the SAPE.Heur.685:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SAPE.Heur.685\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SAPE.Heur.685\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SAPE.Heur.685\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SAPE.Heur.685\DisplayName SAPE.Heur.685
Reboot the system in the normal mode to check if the virus is remove successfully or still available, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus.