What is Safesurfs.net
Safesurfs.net is malicious browser hijacker which will override the default settings in Mozilla Firefox ,Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. It will then modify your homepage and search engine settings to www.safesurfs.net.When you use their search engine for your queries, it will redirect to feed.snowbitt.com and to search.safefinder.com and at last to search.yahoo.com. Both SafeFinder and Snowbitt.con are considered to be serious browser hijackers.Safesurfs.net pretends to be leading search engine which will have the shortcuts to some of the famous social networks and ecommerce site on their homepage. Mostly they try to look very similar to famous website and change their user interface on all browsers. This will make the user believe that it’s a real/genuine website. Once you accesses the hijacker links, it will collect your important personal details on browsing, previously visited website, search keywords and then sells them advertising publishers. To manually remove safesurfs.net from your browser and to change to default settings, follow below our step-by-step guide
|Symptoms||Important symptoms are the annoying ads which are shown when you use your browser
|Distribution Method||Spam e-mail attachments like .doc,.zip,.xls,photos, and installation of unknown software are the most common method of distribution of these browser hijackers|
|Detection Tool||Safesurfs.net may be very difficult to detect|
How Safesurfs.net infected your PC
Browser hijackers mostly use many ways to infect the system. It will get into the pc when you install unknown applications, cracked games, download files from torrent, keygen files, open email attachments like .zip, .doc, .xls, .rar file attachments. Since Safesurfs.net uses very unique technique to infect ,it is not easily detected by antivirus tools. It gets bundled with some of the free software that are available freely in the internet. Some of the free software are rouge/fake and it will install malicious tools, toolbars other codes need to hijack your browser settings. So it is always recommended to be cautious before installing new unknown software.
How to Remove Safesurfs.net Manually
We currently don’t recommend to remove the Safesurfs.net manually, for more better solution use automatic Removal Tools.
Select the Safe Mode
To proceed with the manual removal method, you need to terminate the normal mode, and reboot the infected system in the safe mode. This can be done by restarting your computer, and when the system is in restarting process, you have to open the boot options menu with the help of F8 key, and select the safe mode option from the list of different options to boot your computer in the safe mode.
Remove the Associated Processes
The next step is, killing of the malicious processes associated with the Safesurfs.net. You can do this by accessing the windows task manager which can be opened by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once you are able to see the task manager window, you have to click on the processes tab , and delete following process from the list of running processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
You have to delete the malicious registry entries created by this dangerous malware to complete the manual removal process. In order to clean the windows registry from these corrupt entries, you need to access the registry editor with the help of Regedit command which can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Following are the entries that are required to be deleted:-
Safesurfs.net registry keys:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safesurfs.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safesurfs.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safesurfs.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safesurfs.net\DisplayName Safesurfs.net
Remove Safesurfs.net from Control Panel
In order to remove Safesurfs.net from your system, you must uninstall it using Control Panel. This will be in various names like “Safesurfs.net – Uninstall” or just “Safesurfs.net” or Safesurfs.net Homepage.
Follow the below instructions for removing on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Steps to Remove Safesurfs.net from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose Safesurfs.net – Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall.
Steps to Remove Safesurfs.net from Windows 7:
- Click on Start button.
- Then navigate to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program.
- Choose Safesurfs.net – Uninstall and then click Uninstall.
Steps to Remove Safesurfs.net from Windows 8:
- Just Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click on Apps.
- Then choose Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Safesurfs.net – Uninstall, click Uninstall.
Steps to Remove Safesurfs.net from Windows 10:
- Just Right-click on the Start button.
- Open the menu and select Programs and Features.
- Find Safesurfs.net – Uninstall in the list.
- Finally Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic removal tool below.
Download Locky Safesurfs.net Removal Tool