The Safe-Saver Generic is one of the most dangerous adware infections of the recent times that enters in any windows based computers secretly, and destroy your program files as well as most accessed data files folders. The cyber criminals use the important software updates to distribute this lethal computer infection. Apart from that, sharing of files on the same network, compromised web links, spam emails, and freeware installations are the main medium of spreading this threat. Once installed, it starts eating most of the resources installed on your system which results in slowdown in the performance. You will also receive frequent system crashes without any reason. After invading a system, it creates the fake start-up keys in the windows registry due to which this infection automatically starts every time you open the computer. The hackers can control your system through a remote server because of this adware due to which your confidential details are always at high risk.
Removal of Safe-Saver Generic
You can remove this adware either by using a powerful automatic tool through which this infection can be easily removed quickly as well as effectively. Apart from that, there is a manual removal method which is extremely complicated. The manual removal process is only recommended for the experienced users because of its complexity. Following are the detailed instructions for the manual removal of the Safe-Saver Generic:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before following the instructions of the manual removal, it is unavoidable for you to access the system in the safe mode. Reboot the infected system, and with the help f F8 key, access the boot options. Select the Safe Mode from the boot options, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and hit the processes tab where you can see a list of processes running in the background of the computer. Delete the following malicious processes before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Following are some of the suspicious files that you have to find as well as remove from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Safe-Saver Generic.lnk
- %Programs%\Safe-Saver Generic\Safe-Saver Generic.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to normalize the windows registry operations by removing the corrupt additions. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by executing the “RegEdit” command through the start menu. Once you are able to start the registry editor, remove the following related entries of the Safe-Saver Generic:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe-Saver Generic\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe-Saver Generic
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe-Saver Generic\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe-Saver Generic \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe-Saver Generic\DisplayNameSafe-Saver Generic
Close the registry editor, and access the normal mode on the system to see the success or failure of the manual removal efforts. Do not forget to run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus program.