The Safe Saver Adon is actually a fake program that can cause severe damage to your computer, and make it completely useless. This is actually an adware that runs annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the infected system as soon as it enters in any windows based computer. This is used by the hackers to promote the affiliate products to make commissions and generate traffic on the low quality websites through unethical ways. Once installed, the Safe Saver Adon can redirect all your searches towards affiliate websites where you are encouraged to purchase the products from the unknown suppliers. This malicious application directly affects your browser, and changes its settings completely; therefore, you are unable to perform your normal browsing activities. This dangerous application also used to track your online activity and steal your confidential data such as payment details, and shopping preferences. These details are transferred to the international cyber criminals who use it for the fraudulent purposes. Besides that, the Safe Saver Adon also makes the speed of the system extremely slow.
The Manual Removal of Safe Saver Adon
After detecting this virus on your computer, you have to remove it at your earliest. You can delete this virus automatically with the help of any reliable tool or manually, but we recommend the automatic removal method for the basic computer users. The manual removal method steps are mentioned below:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
The manual removal process starts when you reboot the infected system in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the computer, and press F8 key to to access the boot options list on your screen. Select the safe mode option and press the enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
You have to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and click on the processes tab to get the list of processes running in the background. You have to delete the following malicious processes associated with this threat:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
After removing the associated processes, you have to remove the files of this virus. Most of these files are stored in the program files folder. You have to delete the following suspicious files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Safe Saver Addon.lnk
- %Programs%\Safe Saver Addon\Safe Saver Addon.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to open the registry editor and look for the following corrupt entries created by this virus in the windows registry. You have to delete these entries quickly, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe Saver Addon\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe Saver Addon
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe Saver Addon\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe Saver Addon\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe Saver Addon\DisplayName Safe Saver Addon
Restart the system in the normal mode, and see the success of the manual removal method. Update your existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan on your computer to remove the infections caused this dangerous virus.