The Safe PC Cleaner Rogue Anti-Spyware present itself as a security tool or software; however, in reality it is nothing more than a malicious application that is designed to trap the users of the windows based computers all over the world. After installing itself in any computer the Safe PC Cleaner Rogue Anti-Spyware performs fake scan, and show some serious errors available on your PC. When you try to remove these errors, you will be asked to buy the paid version of this software. This is totally fake and you have to remember that when you try to pay them to buy this so called security software, it is not just the money you are paying them, but you are also revealing your confidential information such as credit card numbers, emails, and passwords to these notorious cyber criminals.
Manual Removal Method of Safe PC Cleaner Rogue Anti-Spyware
Once detected, the user has to remove this malicious application quickly to minimize the level of expected loss. You can remove Safe PC Cleaner Rogue Anti-Spyware either by using any powerful automatic removal tool, or by following the complicated steps of the manual removal method. Following are the instructions about removing this parasite manually:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
To reboot the infected machine in the safe mode, you simply need to restart the computer, and press F8 to see the boot options where you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the Enter key.
Delete the Malicious Processes
After the computer is rebooted in the safe mode, you have to start the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. When the task manager window displayed on your screen, you have to click on the processes tab, and delete the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step of manual removal process is deleting the associated and infected files along with folders. You have to open the file explorer, and locate the following files before deleting them. You have to keep in mind that these files are hidden wisely along with sensitive system files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Safe PC Cleaner.lnk
- %Programs%\Safe PC Cleaner\Safe PC Cleaner.lnk
Delete Registry Entries
Finally you have to clean the windows registry by deleting the corrupt associated registry entries. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor by starting the start menu, and select run option before writing the “regedit” command. You have to find and delete the following entries from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe PC Cleaner\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe PC Cleaner
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe PC Cleaner\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe PC Cleaner\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Safe PC Cleaner\DisplayName Safe PC Cleaner
After getting rid of the above mentioned entries, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the infected computer in the safe mode to see the effect of changes you have made. Update your antivirus program and run a complete system scan.