The Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A is a lethal rootkit virus that can destroy your system resources as well as data on the system. This deadly dangerous computer infection distributed through p2p sharing, spam emails, infected removable devices, and corrupt video files. After settling down in the system, the Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A will damage the most used applications, and restrict your access towards some important system utilities such as task manager and antivirus software. Most of the files stored on the hard drive become corrupt due to which you are unable to open these files. Besides that, most of the default system settings will be altered by this infection including your browser settings. Whenever you try to surf online, you will be redirected towards unknown websites as the hackers control your online activity, and they want to generate traffic on their affiliate websites. You will feel a huge difference in the speed as well as the overall performance of the system. You will also receive the security alerts, and pop-up messages on the screen while surfing on the web due to which it becomes impossible for you to surf freely on the internet. The Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A virus brings the additional parasites on the system by changing the windows firewall settings.
The Manual Removal of Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A
Once it becomes obvious that your system is compromised to the Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A virus, you have to find an effective method to remove this virus quickly as well as effectively. If you are a novice computer user, we recommend the automatic removal method. However, if you have experience of removing such threats manually, you can try the manual removal method which is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to start the system in the safe mode instead of the normal mode. Reboot the system, and access the boot options menu with the help of F8 key. Select the Safe Mode option from the list, and hit the Enter key to boot your PC in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system started in the safe mode, you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and choose the Processes tab in the task manager window. End the following associated processes of the Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A from the list before closing the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder with the help of file explorer, and remove the following files associated with the Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A adware infection by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you are required to clean the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the Start menu. Delete the following associated entries of the Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A\DisplayName Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A
Restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have performed the manual removal task of the Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.A virus after closing the registry editor.