The Rootkit.boot.Harbinger.a is a vicious rootkit virus that enters in the system secretly, and can cause severe damage to the system. Once attack any PC, the Rootkit.boot.Harbinger.a give chance to the hackers to connect to the infected PC through remote access in order to steal your most confidential financial as well as personal data. None of the antivirus software is able to detect this lethal rootkit virus as it first disable the antivirus installed on the PC after getting access to the system. This malicious application is capable of replicating itself which makes it even more dangerous virus. Once installed on any PC, it starts eating the major portion of the system resources, and it is reflected in the overall performance and speed of the computer. You have to get rid of the virus as quickly as possible otherwise you can face the irrecoverable loss of data as well as resources.
The Manual Removal of Rootkit.boot.Harbinger.a
Once it is confirmed that the Rootkit. boot. Harbinger. a is available in your computer, you have to plan how to remove this application. Reliable automatic tools are available to remove of this virus within just a few minutes. However, you can also use the manual removal method that consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before starting the actual removal process you need to start your PC in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the system, and access the list of boot options with the help of the F8 key. Once you are able to see the list on the screen of your PC, you just need to select the safe mode and press the Enter key to start the machine in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and select the processes tab to see the list of running processes on your computer. After that you have to end the following processes from the list by selecting each process and close the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After completing the processes issue successfully, your next task is, find and delete the following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are also required to reverse the modification in the windows registry . In this regard, you have to access the registry editor, by executing the RegEdit command through Run option available in the start menu. Remove the following associated entries of the Rootkit.boot.Harbinger.a:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Rootkit.boot.Harbinger.a\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Rootkit.boot.Harbinger.a\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Rootkit.boot.Harbinger.a\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Rootkit.boot.Harbinger.a\DisplayName Rootkit.boot.Harbinger.a
Once done with all the above mentioned steps, you are required to reboot the system in the normal mode and run a complete system scan through an updated version of the antivirus program in order to remove the infections caused by this dangerous rootkit virus.