The Robosaver 6.1 is a malicious application that is considered as a septic adware program designed, and distributed by the international hackers to take the control of browsing activity in the windows based computers. Once this adware sneaks in the computer, it brings a number of malevolent activities in the system that are enough to make the system completely useless. Once it entered in the computer, it creates fake startup keys in the windows registry to start automatically every time you boot the computer. This malicious adware disables your task manager, modify the DNS settings, and alter the browser settings without your consent. This nasty adware keeps redirecting your web searches towards other infectious websites where you can easily get other similar parasites. Besides that, you are unable to install any new application on your system, and cannot access the security related websites. This nasty adware program is a serious threat to the system resources as well as the privacy of the user as hackers can access your system remotely through this virus, and steal your personal information.
Removal of Robosaver 6.1
After discovering the Robosaver 6.1 adware infection on the system, you need to remove it through an effective method. In this regard, you can use the automatic method that is easy, and recommended for the basic level computer users. Besides that, the manual removal of this adware infection is also possible that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the instructions of the manual removal process, you have to boot the infected system in the safe mode. You just have to restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Choose the safe mode after accessing the list of options before pressing the Enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed on the system, Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window where you have to find as well as remove the following associated processes of the Robosaver 6.1 before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Access the file explorer, open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of this adware program with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Robosaver 6.1.lnk
- %Programs%\Robosaver 6.1\Robosaver 6.1.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to clean the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries. In this regard, open the registry editor by running the Regedit command through the start menu, and remove the following entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Robosaver 6.1\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Robosaver 6.1
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Robosaver 6.1\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Robosaver 6.1\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Robosaver 6.1\DisplayName Robosaver 6.1
Reboot the PC in the normal mode to see the result of your manual removal efforts. Update your existing antivirus before running a complete system scan.