The riaiccape.exe is a new addition to the malicious internet infections that can cause severe damage to your computer. This tricky parasite was developed by the cyber crooks to steal your confidential information by connecting the infected system to a remote server. Once installed, the riaiccape.exe can display annoying pop-up ads on the screen that makes it impossible for you to browse or open any website. Most of these ads are promoting the phishing websites where you are encouraged to buy certain types of products from the unknown suppliers. Besides that, this malicious application also changes the browser settings in your system resultantly you will find that your home page along with the default search engine is changed. You will also see that many unknown web pages are bookmarked which you neither opened nor you want to open. Your access to certain websites is also blocked by this parasite.
The Manual Removal of riaiccape.exe
Once it is confirmed that the riaiccape.exe is resident in your system, you have to delete this deadly dangerous parasite at your earliest. You can take help of any automatic removal tool if you are a novice user. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
First of all you have to reboot your infected system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode. You can do this simply by restarting it, and use F8 key to reach the boot options screen where you have to select the safe mode before hitting the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
When the system started in the safe mode, you have to delete the associated process of this virus. Start the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab to see the list of running processes. You have to remove the following malicious processes from the list by selecting that particular process, and using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You also need to remove the files and folders associated with this threat. In this regard, following are some of the suspicious files hidden in the system files folder that are needed to be deleted quickly:-
- %Desktopdir%\Riaiccape exe.lnk
- %Programs%\Riaiccape exe\Riaiccape exe.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, select the “run” option and type “RegEdit” in the box to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is started, you have to delete the following malicious entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Riaiccape exe\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Riaiccape exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Riaiccape exe\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Riaiccape exe\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Riaiccape exe\DisplayName Riaiccape exe
Terminate the safe mode by restarting the system in the normal mode, and see how effectively you have removed the virus. In order to remove the infections caused by this malicious application, you have to run a complete system scan on your computer by using the antivirus program.