The Rewardszoneusa.com/Flow.aspx is a dangerous virus which is categorized as a browser hijacker. Once installed on any windows based computer, this notorious browser hijacker changes all the settings of the default browser, and hijack all the searches you are trying to make on that browser by redirecting them towards Rewardszoneusa.com website. Besides your default browser, this dangerous virus is capable of hijacking all the browsers installed on your system. The Rewardszoneusa.com/Flow.aspx is capable of creating backdoor in your system for the additional malware. These additional malware are mostly keyloggers that are installed to track your online activities. This malicious application is developed by the hackers to get remote access of the windows based system. The ultimate purpose of this access is to steal your money along with confidential data.
The Manual Removal of Rewardszoneusa.com/Flow.aspx
Once this deadly dangerous browser hijacker installed on your computer, it is important that you should get rid of this virus quickly by using any powerful automatic tool; however, if you are an advanced level computer user, you can also try the manual removal method. The instructions to remove this virus manually are detailed below:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
You have to terminate the normal mode of the infected computer by restarting it in the safe mode. To see the options regarding booting, you have to use the F8 key, and select safe mode option from that list to restart the computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Once the infected computer starts working in the safe mode, you have to delete the associated processes created by this tricky browser hijacker. You can do this by accessing the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab, under which you can see all the running processes and delete the following processes with the help of End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Once the malicious processes are removed successfully from the infected computer, you have to get rid of the files along with the folders associated with the Rewardszoneusa.com/Flow.aspx. In this regard, you have to open the file explorer, and find the following files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Rewardszoneusa.com/Flow.aspx .lnk
- %Programs%\Rewardszoneusa.com/Flow.aspx \Rewardszoneusa.com/Flow.aspx .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In order to complete the manual removal process, you have to clean the windows registry by accessing the registry editor with the help of RegEdit command that can be executed through the start menu. Once the registry editor is started, you have to find and delete the following entries associated with this notorious browser hijacker:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Rewardszoneusa.com/Flow.aspx \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Rewardszoneusa.com/Flow.aspx \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Rewardszoneusa.com/Flow.aspx \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Rewardszoneusa.com/Flow.aspx \DisplayName Rewardszoneusa.com/Flow.aspx
When all the above mentioned steps are completed successfully, start the computer in the normal mode. Update the current antivirus program before running a complete system scan to remove the infections.