The RelopiX is recently discovered scary adware infection that is designed to attack the windows based computers. This malicious application installed on the system without getting the administrator permission, and make several modifications without your consent. The RelopiX attacks the system while visiting the compromised web pages, opening spam email attachments, using the corrupt removable devices, and sharing resources with other computers on the same network. It has the ability to modify the browser settings in order to get the control of your browsing. Apart from that, the RelopiX adware infection degrades the overall performance of the computer, and reduce the speed of the system. You cannot access the most used applications such as MS Office. It redirects all your searches towards affiliate sites for traffic generation purpose, and display annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your system in the bulk quantity.
Removal of RelopiX
After discovering this nasty adware infection on your system, you have to decide what removal method you are going to use to get rid of this infection. The RelopiX adware program can be removed both ways manually as well as automatically. The automatic removal is convenient for the novice computer users. On the other hand, the manual removal process is a bit hard, and described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal of the RelopiX, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. Once the boot options menu appeared on the screen, select the safe mode from the list through arrow keys, and strike the Enter key to access the safe mode on the system.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you have to remove the associated processes of this nasty adware. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, to access the task manager, and select the processes tab to delete the following associated processes of the RelopiX by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After removing the associated processes of this infection, you are required to remove the associated files of the RelopiX. Following are the files that you have to remove as soon as possible:-
- %Desktopdir%\RelopiX Pop-up Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\RelopiX Pop-up Ads\RelopiX Pop-up Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed when you remove the corrupt entries from the registry section of your windows operating system. Open the start menu, select the Run option, and write Regedit before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RelopiX Pop-up Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RelopiX Pop-up Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RelopiX Pop-up Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RelopiX Pop-up Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RelopiX Pop-up Ads\DisplayName RelopiX Pop-up Ads
Close the registry editor, and reboot the machine in the normal mode to check the effectiveness of the manual removal process. You are also required to run a system scan through any reliable antivirus.