The Registry Elite is a fake application that presents itself as a legitimate registry cleaner, and sneaks in the system without the consent of the user. This malicious application is classified as a rogue virus that performs fake scans on the system as soon as it enters in your PC. After these fake scans, the fake pop-up alerts are also shown through which the hackers try to convince you that your PC is at high risk. When you try to fix these system errors, you will be forced to purchase the paid version of this so called registry cleaner. The Registry Elite is actually designed by notorious hackers in order to steal the money of the users along with the confidential financial details. Keep in mind that this has nothing to do with the security of your PC or fixing your registry. The Registry Elite is a trap that is developed wisely by the cyber crooks to steal the money of the users.
The Manual Removal of Registry Elite
After confirming the availability of the Registry Elite in your PC, you must try a powerful method that can remove this infection effectively to avoid the loss of data or your money. This malicious application can be removed automatically, and also manually. The professional level users can also try the manual removal method according to the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal of this parasite you need to boot the system in the safe mode. You just have to restart the computer, and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly till you get the access of the boot options. Choose the Safe Mode option from the available list of choices to start safe mode operation on your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you start the system in the safe mode, you have to kill the associated processes of this rogue application. Start the task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the process tab to see the list of processes running in the background. You need to remove the following suspicious processes one by one through the End Process button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and remove the following suspicious files considered as associated data of the Registry Elite infection:-
- %Desktopdir%\Registry Elite.lnk
- %Programs%\Registry Elite\Registry Elite.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To remove the malicious entries created by this rogue application in the windows registry you have to click on the star menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to open the registry editor. Remove the following associated entries of the Registry Elite and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Registry Elite\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Registry Elite
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Registry Elite\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Registry Elite\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Registry Elite\DisplayName Registry Elite
Reboot the system in the normal mode, and update the existing antivirus to scan the system for the errors.