The RDN/PWS-Banker is an extremely dangerous application that is classified as a Trojan horse and designed specifically to steal the passwords from the targeted computers. After sneaking in the system without providing any prior information to the user, the RDN/PWS-Banker immediately changes the basic system settings to avoid any detection or removal effort. It removes important system files due to which you will notice abnormal behavior of the system, and it also modify your home page along with the default browser. This malicious Trojan can be extremely lethal for the overall security of your machine. The hackers designed this application with the clear purpose to access the selected computers and steal the passwords of the targeted users. In most cases, the RDN/PWS-Banker is extremely effective to steal the shopping website passwords, and other confidential details of the user that can be helpful in making payments from the credit cards of the innocent computer users. Apart from that, it also makes the system very slow, and often it becomes unresponsive because of the excessive use of the system resources by this Trojan horse.
Removal of RDN/PWS-Banker
You have to think an effective way of removing this lethal Trojan after knowing that it is arrived in the computer. There are some effective automatic tools available through which you can delete this nasty adware in quick time. The manual removal is also possible, but extremely complicated that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is mendatory to boot the system in the safe mode before starting the manual removal process of the RDN/PWS-Banker RDN/PWS-Banker. Restart the PC, and access the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Once the boot options are accessed, strike the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option from the list.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the task manager by Holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background. Kill the following suspicious processes associated with the RDN/PWS-Banker by using the End Process button, and close the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once done with the suspicious process, you have to open the system files folder and remove the following corrupt files associated with the RDN/PWS-Banker as quickly as possible:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Revert the the changes made by this Trojan in the windows registry. Access the registry editor by selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” in the box. You have to eliminate the following associated entries of the RDN/PWS-Banker as soon as you are able to access the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RDN/PWS-Banker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RDN/PWS-Banker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RDN/PWS-Banker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RDN/PWS-Banker\DisplayName RDN/PWS-Banker
Reboot the machine in the normal mode to see if this Trojan is removed successfully or still available, and run a system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.