The RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs is a dangerous computer virus categorized as a Trojan horse infection, and attacks the windows platforms secretly. Once installed on any PC, the RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs virus opens the backdoor to invite additional threats inside the infected computer. This malicious application sneaks in the system while performing unsafe browsing, opening the spam email attachments, sharing resources with other computers, and using compromised removable devices. After getting infected the computer from this dangerous Trojan horse virus, the crucial system files damaged badly, and you are unable to access the important system utilities like registry editor, and task manager. This malicious application corrupts the internet browser, and changes the settings completely. Your all searches will be redirected towards certain websites in order manipulate the search results, and dictate its browsing terms. Besides that, this Trojan infection can compromise the privacy of your data, and notorious hackers can access your most confidential financial details remotely. The overall performance and efficiency of the computers also reduced.
The Manual Removal of RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs
After finding the RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs virus inside your system you have to delete this infection quickly as well as effectively from the PC. You can do this manually or by using any available automatic removal tool. The manual removal consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before start removing the RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs virus manually, you have to reboot the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options. Once the boot options are visible, select the safe mode from the list and hit the Enter key to reboot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After restarting the PC in the safe mode, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Once the windows task manager is accessed, you have to click on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of the computer. Remove the following associated processes of this malicious application:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to access the system files folder by using the file explorer and delete the following malicious files:-
- %Desktopdir%\RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs.lnk
- %Programs%\RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs\RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to reverse the modifications caused by the RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs infection to complete the manual removal process. Open the windows registry editor by using the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following entries associated with this infection, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs\DisplayName RDN/Generic BackDoor!bs
Restart the PC to see the effect of the manual removal process. You are also required to run a full system scan through your updated antivirus program.