The Ransomware.DirtyAlert is a malicious application that is categorized as a ransomware virus and enters in the windows based computers secretly. The Ransomware.DirtyAlert is an infection that is capable of encrypting vital data files, removing sensitive system files, and steal your confidential data such as financial information as well as the details of the email accounts. Once entered, the Ransomware.DirtyAlert virus can restrict your access to the PDF files, MS Office files, videos and pictures stored on the hard drive of your PC. Besides that, this malicious ransomware also modify the windows registry by adding some corrupt entries including the startup keys to start automatically every time you open your windows. Once installed, this malicious application disables many of the important system utilities including the task manager as well as the registry editor. Besides that, it also disables the antivirus program after changing the windows firewall to avoid any kind of detection or removal effort by the user. This program is designed and developed by the cyber crooks to trap the innocent users by threatening them to buy an illegal rogue program. Once installed, this ransomware makes your browsing speed extremely slow as it eats most of the resources installed on the system.
The Manual Removal of Ransomware.DirtyAlert
After detecting the Ransomware.DirtyAlert on your computer you have to remove this tricky application either by choosing any reliable automatic removal tool or by following the instructions about manual removal process that re mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before start removing the Ransomware.DirtyAlert manually, you have to boot the infected system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode of operation. Restart the system, and use the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Select the Safe Mode option from the list and hit the Enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
To remove the malicious processes associated with this dangerous ransomware application you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is accessed you have to click on the Processes tab and delete the following associated processes of the Ransomware.DirtyAlert:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this process is the removal of the associated files along with the folders. In this regard, you have to open the system files folder and remove the following files:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, and select Run option to execute the Regedit command that gives you the access of the registry editor. Remove the following malicious processes associated with the Ransomware.DirtyAlert:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ransomware.DirtyAlert\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ransomware.DirtyAlert\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ransomware.DirtyAlert\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ransomware.DirtyAlert\DisplayName Ransomware.DirtyAlert
Close the registry editor before restarting the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to remove this Trojan infection manually.