The Ransom:HTML/Crowti.A is a malicious application classified as a ransomware that is considered as extremely lethal. Once this infection makes its way in the windows based system, it destroy all the system files, and the user will only be able to see a message on the screen which states that you are involved in an illegal activity, due to which the authorities has blocked your system. You will be asked to pay a certain amount of fine to unlock your system; however, you must remember that this is a trap , and even if you pay the amount of fine, the system will never unlocked by these notorious hackers. When you pay them fine through your credit card, you will not only lose your money, but also your credit card details transferred to these cyber crooks. The Ransom:HTML/Crowti.A is such a dangerous threat for the system as it makes the system completely useless, and you cannot detect or remove these type of infections through your normal antivirus programs. Besides that, this infection is also responsible of making your computer extremely slow by eating a high percentage of system resources.
Removal of Ransom:HTML/Crowti.A
The Ransom:HTML/Crowti.A is such a dangerous ransomware that should be removed from the system as quickly as possible in order to minimize the damage. There are a number of automatic tools available in this regard which are not only easy to use but also gives you quick results. On the other hand, the manual removal of this virus is also possible that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process can only be started after accessing the system in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the computer, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Choose the safe mode once you are able to access the list before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab under the task manager window to remove the following associated processes of the Ransom:HTML/Crowti.A before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the file explorer, open the system files folder, and get rid of the following associated files of this Ransomware infection with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this process is cleaning the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries created by this virus. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor by running the Regedit command through the start menu, and remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ransom:HTML/Crowti.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ransom:HTML/Crowti.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ransom:HTML/Crowti.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ransom:HTML/Crowti.A\DisplayName Ransom:HTML/Crowti.A
Close the registry editor, and restart the PC in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully. Update your existing antivirus before running a complete system scan.