The RandomPrice is the recent addition in the series of the adware infections designed by the international cyber criminals to attack the personal computers, and gain the commercial benefits. Once this malicious application able to infiltrate the system, it starts disturbing your browsing sessions, and keep diverting your browser towards affiliate sites where you are encouraged to buy some unwanted products from the unknown suppliers. It increases the load on the system by downloading malicious codes, and other malware infections. One of the main objectives of distributing this lethal adware is to generate traffic to affiliate sites that stand low in the search engine rankings, and cannot increase their visibility through legal ways. The hackers get commissions from these low ranked sites on every visitor. This adware is also responsible for displaying countless pop-up ads on the screen of the infected computer.
Removal of RandomPrice
Once your system starts showing the above mentioned symptoms, you have to confirm the presence of the RandomPrice adware, and find an effective method to get rid of this virus. This malicious application can be eradicated by selecting an automatic tool that gives you guaranteed results. The manual removal method is also available to get rid of this adware infection. The steps involved in the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot execute the manual removal by remaining in the normal mode. Reboot your computer to terminate the normal mode, and while the system is restarted, keep hitting the F8 key to access the boot options screen. You can see a number of options, from which you should select the Safe Mode, and hit the Enter key to access the safe mode on the computer.
End the Malicious Processes
The next thing you have to do is, remove the associated processes of this adware infection from the windows task manager. To access the task manager, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window. Remove the following associated proceses of this virus: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder from the file explorer, and remove the following malicious files as soon as possible:-
- %Desktopdir%\RandomPrice Pop-ups.lnk
- %Programs%\RandomPrice Pop-ups\RandomPrice Pop-ups.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To make the changes in the windows registry, you have to open the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed by Selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” before pressing the OK button. Get rid of the following associated entries of the RandomPrice from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RandomPrice Pop-ups\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RandomPrice Pop-ups
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RandomPrice Pop-ups\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RandomPrice Pop-ups\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RandomPrice Pop-ups\DisplayName RandomPrice Pop-ups
Restart the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor. Update your existing antivirus, and select the complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus program.