The RadioRage Toolbar is a nasty browser hijacker that invades the system without giving knowledge to the users. This lethal toolbar can be downloaded on all the major browsers that include Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. As soon as the RadioRage Toolbar installed on the computer and settled down, it creates some add-on in the browser and redirect all your searches towards certain unwanted web pages. This is a serious threat to your system resources, and data that can make your computer absolutely useless. Besides performing a number of mischievous activities within the infected machine, this deadly dangerous toolbar also runs annoying pop-up ads to disturb your routine tasks. This browser hijacker has the ability to sneak in from one system to another when you are sharing resources with other computers on the same network. This malicious application modifies your registry entries without your permission or knowledge and hide it deep along with other crucial system files. You cannot detect or remove this infection through a normal antivirus program as it is developed with the advanced level codings.
The Manual Removal of RadioRage Toolbar
Though you can remove this lethal browser hijacker manually, but there are some automatic tools also available in this regard. The manual method is complicated for the new users; therefore, they can perform this task by using any reliable automatic removal tool of the RadioRage Toolbar . The manual method steps are described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the infected computer in order to terminate the normal mode of operation, and use the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options. Once you are able to see the boot options, select the safe mode and press the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
You can remove the malicious processes associated with this threat by accessing the windows task manager through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager is accessed, you can see the list of all the running processes in your system under the processes tab. Remove the following suspicious processes associated with this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to open the system files folder and delete the following suspicious files associated with the RadioRage Toolbar:-
- %Desktopdir%\RadioRage Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\RadioRage Toolbar\RadioRage Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The windows registry can be cleaned by accessing the registry editor and delete the suspicious entries, Click the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to remove the following corrupt registry entries associated with this browser hijacker:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RadioRage Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RadioRage Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RadioRage Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RadioRage Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\RadioRage Toolbar\DisplayName RadioRage Toolbar
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes you have made. Update the antivirus program to run a complete system scan on your PC.